Thursday, April 8, 2010

The resurrection of the Sears 135mm f/2.8

Sort of. As I had mentioned earlier, I had arranged for a replacement for my Sears 135mm f/2.8 lens which arrived today by mail. To my dismay, this new specimen is a distinctly different model: For one, it's considerably bulkier and it comes with a 55mm thread instead of the 52mm of my old one. This is a bit of a shame since at this point I don't actually have any 55mm filters. Also, it's lacking the super-multi-coated  designation on the lens front so this one might only be single coated.

I suspect it is the previous model of the same lens so at least optically it might be identical. Here she is on my K2 which still has that yet-unfinished roll of film from last weekend in it:


I cheated a little and made the new Sears look bigger by using a wide-angle close-focus lens.

Incidentally, I used another Sears lens for this photo, a 28mm f/2.8 which I got in an M42 mount that I swapped out against a K-mount of another broken 28mm lens. It no longer focuses to infinity but does sport an A setting so even my K10D  can control the aperture. :-) And it still does close-focus, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment